Monday, October 7, 2013

Mascara Monday: Fairy Drops Macara Volume and Curl Burst Waterproof Mascara

Hello my makeuplovers!
I was watching youtube the other day and I saw many youtubers doing the Mascara Monday videos, and I think this is a great idea.
So from now on, I will be posting a review about a mascara on every Monday.
And I would focus on how it improves my short and spare Asian lashes that are hidden under my monolids.

The first one I want to talk about is this waterproof mascara with a very cute purple tube from Fairy Drops, and it claims to add volume and hold curl.
I talked about it in my previous post called "Best Mascara for Monolids". If you would like to check that out too, I will link it right here. http://mushroomslittleworld.blogspot.com/2013/06/best-mascaras-for-monoliders.html


Pros:
  • It has a very interesting brush which is like three bubbles connected together. In fact, this brush is very easy to use and it volumizes my lashes with only one coat. And because of the slightly slanted tip, it is very easy to pull out my lashes in the outer corner of my eyes.
  • It holds the curl extremely well and makes my eyes look wide open.
  • For a volumizing mascara, it also does a pretty good job in lengthening since there is some fiber in it.
  • It feels less stiff than Maybelline the falsies, hence it feels more comfortable on the lashes.

Cons:
  • It can be a little hard to remove since it is waterproof. Try using Neotrogena's oil-free makeup remover and it will come off a lot easier.
  • It smudged on me after 5-6 hours even though it claims to be waterproof. But considering that my eyes are really sensitive and watery, I wouldn't blaim the product. So I normally top it off with a mascara I am 100% sure would not smudge(Fiberwig from Dejavu).
Before & After:
I only applied one coat on each eyes and topped it off with a slightly lengthening mascara to prevent smudging.

This mascara is available on imomoko.com.

I hope you find this post helpful and I will see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment