Monday, October 28, 2013

Mascara Monday: D.U.P Perfect Long Extension Mascara

Hi all.
Today's mascara that I will be reviewing is from Japan, the land that makes Ah-mazing mascaras.
I got it in Uwajimaya, but you can also find them online on http://global.rakuten.com/en/ and imomoko.com for less than $20.




D.U.P is a Japanese makeup brand.
The most famous product they make is the Wonder Eyelid Tapes, which is double-sided eyelid tapes, and it is actually pretty nice, even for heavy monolids like mine.
Anyways back onto the mascara.
On D.U.P website, they describe this mascara to be 
"Finest "long and separate" mascara to make super-long beautiful thick eyelashes.
Perfectly coats every eyelash. Never clumps, never smudges.
Ultrafine easy-to-use brush can cover up all short and thin eyelashes. It's also good for lower eyelashes and corner of the eyes.
Strong resistance toward tears, sweat and water. Easily comes off by warm water. Made in Japan. "


And it was awarded by Cosme once ( Cosme in Japan is like the Allure Best of Beauty).

In my opinion, it works just like it claims.
The rather small brush works so well in coating every lash with the product. 
This one and the Bottom Lash Mascara from Clinique are by far the only two mascaras I can use to apply on my bottom lashes (because I am very clumpsy when coating bottom lashes lol).

Pros:
  • Lengthening and separating. Achieved my ideal length after two coats. Gives a very natural look.
  • No matter how many coats I apply, it never clumps.
  • NEVER EVER smudges
  • SUPER EASY to remove. I use warm water and some face wash, and it just comes right off.
  • Formula never irritates my eye. 
Cons:
  • Overall effect is rather subtle. 
  • Does not add volume. 
  • Does not hold the curl at all.
Before & After:

Overall:

Despite the so many cons of this mascara, I do not like to use it alone because it is just too subtle for me. However, it makes the perfect top coat for all my mascaras. Pretty much all my mascaras that I got in US (high end and drugstore) smudge on me, and the only mascaras that do not budge are these Japanese goodies. This one works very similarly as my Dejavu Fiberwig, but again the effect is a lot subtler. I use it on top of other mascaras to add length and prevent smudging, it works wonderfully for me. Also, this has been my go to mascara for my bottom lashes since it is more lengthening and less clumpy than the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascra.

In a nutshell, I would keep purchasing this mascara because it works for me as a great top coat and it is slightly more accessible than my Dejavu Fiberwig Mascara.

If you have long and pretty lashes alreay, and you just want a lengthening mascara that does not budge but is super easy to remove, I highly recommende you try this one. Or if you are just like me, struggling to find a mascara that 100% stay put all day, this is the one, if it is accessible to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment